Monday 26 March 2012

Day 279 : Will’s 30th Birthday!


We were up at 4 to catch the train to Jaisalmer. Arrived at 11 and checked into our lovely havelli hotel. Had breakfast in the lovely roof top restaurant which has a great view of the fort.

The cake survived and I got the funny candle ready. The balloons I bought were typical of many things in India in that they barely worked at all. So I made a string of sorry looking funny shaped balloons and hung up a happy birthday sign. The candle was a pleasant surprise as when I lit it it expanded into a lotus flower and sang happy birthday! So I sang Happy Birthday and we ate cake yum.

And what did I get Will for his big 30th birthday? A kinder surprise!

Wandered into the beautiful fort and looked around the extensive alleyways (didn’t last that long as it’s so hot). There a lots of shops and homes (2000 people live within the walls). Bought some wedding gifts – we’re reaching the limit of carrying everything!

Had dinner in the rooftop cafe and had a couple of kingfishers to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment