Saturday 3 March 2012

Day 256 : Monkey attack!


Have to be really careful with all belongings (toiletries / food – rats) but the monkeys will take anything especially jewellery. Yesterday had some bangles (gifts) wrapped up in plastic and newspaper when I retuned from class I found the monkeys had ripped them open and spread the bangles all over the bed.

While going up the stairs to do my sweeping I shooed a monkey off the banister and it jumped on my back. I threw a full 1 litre bottle at it and it fell down then it came back for more! Then I tried to shoe away some monkeys who were ransacking the shrine flowers in the hall (with 2 of us and 2 brooms) and we got chased by a huge monkey!

Liking the yoga, the chai, the people, the food a lot. The meditation and chanting is almost unbearable at times which is a shame as I love singing on groups of people but some of it is very out of tune and monotonous.

No comments:

Post a Comment