Friday 30 March 2012

Day 283 : Arrival in Jaipur


Arrived at 5am and went to the sister hotel of the one we're booked in as they have a waiting lounge there. Had breakfast in the beautiful rooftop cafe "the peacock". We've hit the serious tourist trail without even realizing but then I notice things like in a carriage there were a couple of other westerners and people aren't staring at me like I'm an alien. It's nice because people don't stare at me when I eat and it's also nice chatting to other British people. On the other hand I feel like a certain part of our India trip is now over, also I feel now that any Indians that approach us are only after our money!

Checked into Pearl Palace Heritage - it is very swanky - Will has booked a few expensive hotels for his "Birthday fortnight"! Well I say expensive - the same price as 1 person staying in an 8 bunk dorm in Oz. Our room is not available today so they put us in an even bigger suite that is about the same size as our flat.

Went to Anokhi which is a chain of fair-trade shops to buy some presents. We also ate in their cafe. It was all the weirdest experience. The shop and cafe are in an air conditioned little mall and the cafe was just like one you'd get in John Lewis or something. I had a gorgeous brie baguette. It's so weird because we haven't seen anywhere that looks this "normal" for such a long time.

Went back too our hotel then went to the peacock for dinner (no where else nearby to eat as we are in kind of housing estate, and the food's nice).

No comments:

Post a Comment