Tuesday 28 February 2012

Day 252 : Morning trip to Tiruparankundram


Took the local bus to Tiruparankundram a small town with an impressive temple dedicated to Lord Muraga. The temple is very colourful and set into a hill that looks like a huge boulder.

Looked around the temple, saw boys in monk school (their chanting was very noisy not very serene, in fact most of the temples feel very chaotic with people cramming into small spaces and queues to get blessed and the temples are often very noisy). I lit some little oil candles and decided to get blessed by the elephant (I don’t usually but thought I would today, I love elephants so much I hope she isn’t too lonely with no other elephant friends).

Got the bus back to Madurai went to another bakery (not as good as yesterday’s) and had coffee and Indian cakes so naughty! Then bananas and crisps picnic lunch back at the hotel to escape the heat.

Did some more present shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment