Saturday 11 February 2012

Day 235 : Sick day


Managed to go out for breakfast in Cacao’s cafe where we have already eaten once they do good beans and eggs on toast. Although Thai food was amazing and I love Indian food, I like how Indians around here have an appetite for western food like sandwiches, cakes and breakfast.

Did a little bit of shopping and had a look around an indoor market – the vegetables look so beautiful and fresh - heaped in colourful piles on the floor. Made it back up the hill to sit under many blankets in bed.

One thing I noticed here (and in Darjeeling) is the crazy way people (men and women of all ages) carry around obscenely heavy things from luggage to rubble in baskets hung from their foreheads; it’s unbelievable!
After eating lots of crisps (they cure colds) we went to a nice restaurant in the basement of a nearby hotel (thanks Rough Guide!). Will had Sikkimise pork stew curry thing (in this area they eat a lot of pork) I had some boring but tasty pasta (which I wanted for my cold).

No comments:

Post a Comment