Sunday 26 June 2011

Day 6 : Family reunion



This morning we visited my grandparents with Denis and Manon (the first time I’ve seen them in 10 years!). We managed to get them set up on Skype so they could see their great-granddaughter, Ella. In the afternoon, we booked our travel back to the US for Tuesday via Greyhound, but haven’t decided what to do when we get there.

In the evening, we went out for dinner at Le St Mark in old Longueuil and we met my other Aunt and Uncle and cousins some of which I had not seen since I was 6 years old. We ate some poutine (chips, gravy and cheese) as I was informed I liked this when I visited last time 22 years ago. We did some swapping of shoes in preparation for going to a club as the neatest shoes I have are my old plastic watermelon flip-flops.

After this we went into Montreal to watch the St Jean Baptiste fireworks with Jonathan and Elizabeth. Our original plan was to go to a club, but we were thwarted by road closures due to the jazz festival, so decided to head there instead. We had some wine and soaked up the atmosphere of the festival (although the free music had finished by this time) and then went on to a different club.

No comments:

Post a Comment